If you like the look of Jack's profile the next step is to contact them and confirm requirments and availability.
Once you are happy you can than book your first session
Please sign in to contact tutors
I am a confident and enthusiastic tutor with over 5 years experience specialising in Maths and Physics. I graduated as a Civil Engineer with first class honours and began tutoring whilst at university. I take a relaxed but firm teaching approach that has yielded very positive feedback from parents, and my students continue to improve rapidly. Recently, in only 4 lessons one student has gone from 45% to 79% in her latest Maths exam.
I am flexible and patient and work hard to get to know each student. I have travelled extensively and tutored students of all ages and capabilities in Australia and England. I strive to encourage students to engage with their subject and think for themselves. I keep well up-to-date with current syllabus and always spend time preparing for lessons and monitoring my student`s progress.
I always look forward to taking on new students, particularly in time to help with their upcoming exams.
Private tutor (2008-13, 2014, 2016)
- Primary school help with foundation mathematics and confidence in taking exams
- Secondary school and college GCSE 9-1i, basic Chemstry and Physics
- 1-1 and paired lessons
- Feedback to students and parents to monitor feedback
Class Tutor, The University of Queensland, QLD, Australia (2008-10)
- Tutoring first year foundation mathematics and introductory engineering mechanics
- Taught classes of up to 30 people with University material
- Marking homework and exam papers
- Work alongside University professors, developing suitable class feedback and feedback tools
Bachelor of Civil Engineering, 1st Class Honours (2010); The University of Queensland, QLD, Australia.
A-levels (Australian standard equivalent) at St Peters College, Brisbane, Australia.
Available most times weekdays, weekday evenings and Saturdays.
Please get in contact to negotiate exact lesson times.